DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy
The DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) requires client agreement to leverage DineEngine’s products and services. Chepri LLC dba DineEngine’s Acceptable Usage Policy is provided to give our customers and users a clear understanding of what DineEngine expects of them while using our services.
All users of Chepri LLC dba DineEngine’s services; those who access some of our services but do not have accounts, as well as those who pay a fee to subscribe to the services, must comply with this AUP and our Terms of Service (TOS).
Use of Chepri LLC dba DineEngine’s services constitutes acceptance and agreement of the DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy and TOS.
Chepri LLC dba DineEngine actively supports the uncensored flow ideas and information over the Internet and we do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, email transmission, newsgroups, or other material created or accessible over or through the services, except for certain proprietary web sites.
However, in accordance with our Terms of Service (TOS), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. Chepri LLC dba DineEngine may cooperate with legal or law enforcement authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any alleged or suspected crime or civil wrong doing.
Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your DineEngine account and all services subscribed to, or other actions as detailed in Sections 14 and 15 of the Terms of Service WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
This document is intended to provide a basic understanding of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy to:
- Ensure a fast and reliable service for our customers.
- Ensure the security and privacy of our systems and network and the systems and networks of others.
- Comply with existing laws.
- Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider.
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which impact on the usability and value of Internet services.
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information.
- Protect the privacy and security of individual users.
Chepri LLC dba DineEngine intends to provide its customers with access to everything the internet has to offer. Although we do proactively support the principles of free speech and the sharing ideas and values, certain activities are damaging towards DineEngine and the internet in general and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. The resources of DineEngine and other internet providers are limited, and abuse by one user can have a negative impact on the rest of the community.
We do not routinely monitor activities of our customers’ accounts except for the purpose of measuring system and network usage and performance and the preparation of billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our services.
You may not use your dedicated servers or virtual hosting sites to publish material, which Chepri LLC dba DineEngine determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, “material” refers to all forms of communications including but not limited to, narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings and logos), executable programs and video and audio recordings.
If your Chepri LLC dba DineEngine account is used to violate this AUP or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
As a member of the Internet community, you must use your access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at [email protected] .
VIOLATIONS OF DineEngine Interactive’s ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
1. Illegal Use: Chepri LLC dba DineEngine services may not be used for, or in support of, illegal purposes or activities. DineEngine reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement and legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
2. Harm To Minors: Use of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
3. Threats: Use of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
4. Harassment or Discrimination: Use of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses or discriminates against others.
5. Fraudulent Activity: Use of Chepri LLC dba DineEngine’s service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, services or otherwise; or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters.”
6. Forgery or Impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
7. Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) / Unsolicited Bulk Email (SPAM): Use of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk email is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending DineEngine account.
BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, anyone hosting websites or services on our servers that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various “Spam Databases” or “Blacklists” will have their accounts immediately removed from our network.
The accounts will not be reinstated until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the accounts to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed.
Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the accounts from our network without notice to the customer, and notification to law enforcement officials. Any user or account guilty of a second violation WILL, immediately and permanently, be removed from our network without notice.
8. Spyware & Other Malware Any websites containing any type of spyware or other malware will be subject to immediate termination of the offending customer(s) account. This also includes, but is not limited to spyware or other malware residing on advertising banners on websites hosted on our network.
9. Email/News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person’s use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
10. Email/Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or in whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine network or service is in violation of this AUP.
11. Usenet SPAMing: Chepri LLC dba DineEngine has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network and services for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
12. Unauthorized Access: Use of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine network or service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of DineEngine’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending DineEngine account is subject to immediate termination and notification to law enforcement officers.
13. Copyright or Trademark Infringement: Use of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine network or service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, linking, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of printed or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
14. Collection of Personal Data: Use of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine services or network to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
15. Network Disruption and Ignorant/Unfriendly Activity: Use of the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use the DineEngine service or network or the Internet.
This includes “denial of service” (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with, or disruption of, other network users, services or equipment is expressly prohibited. It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner.
A subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual’s computer system will result in immediate account termination. Chepri LLC dba DineEngine will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
16. Net Send Spam: The use of the net send utility to send unsolicited bulk communication is prohibited. This technique may result in account suspension or termination. Violations of this policy carry severe penalties, including termination of service. This also includes the use of the net send utility to advertise any website, product, or service which the subscriber hosts on Chepri LLC dba DineEngine network.
17. Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
18. Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Rights: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
19. Distribution of Viruses or Malware: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
20. Third Party Accountability: Chepri LLC dba DineEngine subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties using their account, that violates guidelines created within this DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy.
21. Violation of DineEngine Interactive Virtual Accounts: It is absolutely forbidden to host pornographic content or IRC servers on Virtual Server Accounts. Virtual Server Accounts found hosting this material will be subject to immediate cancellation without refund.
22. Domain Chargeback Resolution: If the charge for a domain or set of domains is declined, or charged back, Chepri LLC dba DineEngine has the right to take control of the domain or set of domains that was paid for by the disputed charge. DineEngine will change the domain account information as needed to take control of the domain or set of domains. The user is not guaranteed to be contacted in the event that a chargeback is received.
23. Peer to Peer Software (File Sharing): The use of Peer to Peer or file sharing software to permit the sharing, copying or distribution of unauthorized copyrighted material on the Chepri LLC dba DineEngine service or network is prohibited. Use of such software could result in suspension of service.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account.
In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
- Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to choose and keep secure a hard to guess password. If you are unsure, please contact us for advice on choosing and keeping password secure by emailing [email protected].
- Sharing your password and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use.
- Attempting to obtain another user’s account password or details is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of service and notification to law enforcement officials.
- You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your account. Advice on how to accomplish this is available by emailing [email protected].
- You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
- You may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network through “denial of service attacks”. This includes, but is not limited to: “flooding” of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to “crash” a host.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. Chepri LLC dba DineEngine will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations or activities.
Network & Server Performance
Chepri LLC dba DineEngine accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers.
Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs or impedes on network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account without refund.
You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space or bandwidth. You may not use resource-intensive programs or scripts which negatively impact other customers or the performances of Chepri LLC dba DineEngine systems or networks.
Chepri LLC dba DineEngine reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF THE DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy
Chepri LLC dba DineEngine requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to our abuse team at [email protected].
If available, please provide the following information with the report:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation.
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT.
- Evidence of the alleged violation. This may include but is not limited to; system logs, header information, and other notifications. Email with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information.
In response to complaints, Chepri LLC dba DineEngine may take any one or more of the following actions:
- Issue written or verbal warnings
- Suspend the Member’s account
- Terminate the Member’s account
- Bill the member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations
REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Chepri LLC dba DineEngine reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify the DineEngine Acceptable Usage Policy, our TOS (Terms of Service) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner.
Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service).